Installing a new roof is a major job that requires planning and coordination between the property owner, our supplier, our staff, and – of course – the weather. We want to set some expectations for you in this article on Bauerle Roofing’s process for installing your new roof.
- Vehicles – We typically ask our customers to move their vehicles to the street and down the block a bitsince access to their garage and driveway may be blocked by materials, dumpster, and our equipment. It’s also more convenient for out teams to park their vehicles close the home in the event they need to get back and forth to get tools and/or supplies. The last thing we want is to block your car in a garage!
- Noise – Because many people work from home nowadays, we want to warn you that doing a tear-off and installation of a roof can be quite noisy. Our recommendation is for you to clear your calendar of meetings for the duration… or relocate for the day while having another adult in the home.
- Materials – Our roofing material delivery should happen very close to your installation date and the material will be left in a dry location near your roof access point. This is typically one side of a driveway but could be somewhere else. If you have concerns on where the material is going to be placed, please let us know.
- Protection – If you have shrubbery, landscaping, and gardens, we can install protective sheets over them to catch any materials that are being removed from the roof. In addition, we’ll still sweep the area to avoid roofing nails in and around your property.
- Tear Off – A dumpster is positioned, typically on your driveway, and we’ll start tearing off your old roof from the opposite side of your home working towards the dumpster. The team may do the tear off and then do the clean up, moving it from the bottom of the protective sheets to the dumpster.
- Repairs – If there’s water damage to the underlying frame of your home, this is when we’ll do those repairs. If there’s excessive repairs, we may need to meet with you to review the effort and cost. This isn’t typical, but sometimes damage can’t be seen until the materials are fully removed.
- Clean or Replace Gutters – If you’re keeping your current gutters, we’ll clean them out in preparation for the new roof. If we’re replacing your gutters, we’ll do that.
- Roof Installation – Underlayments, felt paper, vents, flashing, and your roof are installed. This may be done simultaneous to the tear off, especially on very large or complex roofs.
- Clean-Up – We’ll blow off the leftover the debris, clean out your gutters and downspouts (again), clear all of our tools and materials, and sweep the area with a magnet to pick up any nails or other material that may be left. Our goal is to leave your property with a new roof and everything else looking exactly as it did before we arrived!
- Inspection – Our team leads will inspect the worksmanship and then walk the homeowner through the project to ensure they’re happy with the work.
If you have any questions or concerns before we start the install, please let us know! Bauerle Roofing has been serving the greater Indianapolis region for over two decades and we have a great reputation with our customers (read our reviews!). We want to do an exceptional job for you.