Any professional roofing contractor will seek to answer all of your questions before progressing on your roof repair or replacement. It’s understandable that you as the property owner have questions. So, here are some things you should ask your roofing professional.
Do You Have General Liability Insurance?
This is an important question for a property owner. Your roofing professional should be able to name you on a certificate of General Liability (GL) as well as workman’s comp. They should provide those certificates to you. This ensures that should any property be damaged, it is insured by the roofer and will not affect your homeowner’s policy.
A general liability policy would protect roofers in the case of third-party bodily injury, meaning if someone who is not an employee working on the site is injured at the job site. For example, if one of your tools fell off the roof and injured someone who was walking by the job site, general liability insurance would help cover all costs associated with such an injury.Embroker Insurance Services
Where Are You Registered As A Contractor?
You’ll be surprised at how many contractors will jump on the road after a storm hits a nearby state. They’ll stay in a hotel and canvas neighborhoods looking for homes that have been damaged by wind, hail, or falling trees to take advantage of insurance claims.
There’s are several problems with this, though:
- Your warranty to cover all additional repairs is impossible to get handled because, after the work is done, they skip town!
- They may not even be licensed and ensured in your state to do business!
Bauerle Roofing, LLC is right here in central Indiana. In fact, we run our business out of our home office which is clearly indicated on all of our material. We’re not just doing business in central Indiana, we’re your neighbors.
Do You Have Proper Licensing?
Every county and state has different licensing requirements for contractors. With that said, you can search for Owens Corning Preferred Contractors, whether or not the roofing contractor is rated with the Better Business Bureau.
Questions to Ask Your Roofer
Among those top two questions, you may also want to ask your roofer these questions:
- Does this project need a building permit? Did you include those costs?
- How long will my project take?
- How will you protect my landscaping? We even have a landscape drape that captures all of the material as it falls.
- Are all materials and work for any repairs included with this bid?
- Who will be my point of contact during the job?
- Will the jobsite be cleaned up every day?
- What material warranties will be included? Every manufacturer will have their own warranty, be sure to get it explained and in writing.
- Do you have workmanship guarantees? We cover all labor on warranty issues for 10 years!
- What’s the best-selling roof for my area?
- Have you worked within my HOA before?
- Do you offer in-house financing? You can qualify for financing right now with us.
- Do you work with insurance claims? We have an insurance claim expert right on our staff that can assist you through your process and even work with your insurance comapny.
Schedule Your Free Inspections and Today!
Of course, we’re your local, trusted roofing contractor and we’d love to help you answer any and all roofing questions you have. Rest assured that any professional roofing contractor is efficient, safe, and effective. We know the local area, and serve the community we live in. Let’s talk about your roofing options today… contact us.